Dysport™ is a new, FDA approved alternative to Botox®. Dysport has been used outside the US since 1991 and was first approved for aesthetic use in 2001. The FDA has recently approved it for aesthetic use in the United States as a temporary treatment for moderate to severe wrinkles between the brows.
Dr. Jonathan Abenaim is proud to offer his patients Dysport™, Cosmetic Treatments.
In the more than 80 clinical study sites, it has been shown that Dysport™ will typically last up to four months. It is also said that the treatment “kicks in” after only a few days, whereas Botox can take up to two weeks to take effect.
Dysport™ is the newest injectable in the U.S. market. It treats deep lines and wrinkles by immobilizing muscles, similar to Botox. Developed in the United Kingdom in the early ’90s, Dysport has been used overseas for many years. Dysport™ was approved by the Federal Drug Administration in April 2009 for the treatment of head-and-neck muscle spasms and deep lines between the eyebrows.
What You Need To Know About Dysport™
- Dysport is made from the same botulinum toxin Type A as Botox and is injected in the same way as Botox. Both work by temporarily immobilizing muscles, which reduces lines and furrows.
- Dysport™ is injected around expression lines — the creases caused by frowning, scowling, smiling or looking surprised — to diminish their appearance or keep them from forming.
- The most common areas for Dysport™ injections are:
- Diminishes creases around the eye area including crow’s feet
- Lifts eyebrows
- Improves frown lines of the forehead
- Improves worry lines between the eyebrows
- Jaw recontouring
To better understand your overall health, Dr. Abenaim will evaluate your medical history prior to treatment. In addition, a complete examination of your eyes is made in order to decide the most effective injection sites. All issues and concerns will be discussed.
The areas that will be treated are marked and digital photographs are taken in order to determine the amount of improvement after treatment.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your facial cosmetic needs. Dr. Abenaim will determine which treatment option works best for you.